Contact Us!

Email: BeesKneesSweetTreats@gmail.com

The Bee's Knees Sweet Treats is on FACEBOOK!

Follow us on TWITTER!

Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Dessert for Dinner.





Confession: I had dessert for dinner this week. Okay, that statement is sort of a lie. I really made a quiche, which by American and French standards equates to a tasty meal. Funny enough, the word 'quiche' comes from the German word 'kuchen' which in fact, means cake. As some of you may know, I'm definitely no cook. While the pre-marriage version of me was known to have the occasional cupcake and milk for dinner, I have started to take my new title of housewife quite seriously. The quiche is definitely my answer to creating a lovely dinner for my husband of 7 weeks.
I love how quiche is a wonderful way to get rid of all your "odds and ends" that accumulate in the refrigerator. Mine included some of the usual dairy staples of milk, eggs and cheese. I added some sun dried tomatoes, green scallions and ham, threw them in a pre-made frozen pie shell (don't judge me!), placed in the oven for 45 minutes, and ta-da! dinner is served.

1 comment:

  1. I will definately have to try this idea!!! :)
    ~~MiLisa~~

    ReplyDelete